Organization & Company History
Accolades & Awards
- Dan - Dan was one of our first drivers before he applied for a dispatch position in 1994. Under the heading of …special skills and qualifications, he wrote, "Dispatch Genius" we feel that he could of written just one word – "Special".
- Gary - Gary started with us in 2002 with over 11 years of experience. He started on the ground floor at Acme International before moving on to Port To Port then United Delivery. He thought he made the big time when he started working at H&W Motor Express. We're keeping this guy!
- Pete - His Ba (the symbol for Barium?) has gone to complete waste because he has been dispatching here since 1994. We are still very proud of him. GO WARTHOGS!
- Robert - The newest person to sign on in '06. This is one real pointed sharpie. I'm glad we picked him up when Allstates Air Cargo fell.
- Roger - "Midnight Roger" started in the business a short time after Lynburg. He held many supervisor positions at WTC, Burlington and CF Air Freight. He has been running our nights since early '02.
- Jack - He hails from Canada and was loading aircraft at Air Canada back in the 60's. He was one of the Lead Ops Agents at Burlington and Surf Air. Then he received his green card and came aboard in '01. OH, CANADA!
- Ron - Where you ever at the 10:30PM lockout at Zantop Airlines when it was located on Mannheim? The unapologetic forklift driver who ran over your toes was RON! He worked awhile at LTC Trucking before slowing down (on forklifts) here in 1999.
- Lisa - Lisa threatened legal action should any personal information get released. So…lets just say she is an excellent employee who started about a year ago. She always shows up on time, does her work in a competent and professional manner and has a very good chance of continued employment. (Our billing wouldn't work without her.)
- Arnold - Do you remember the big yellow Checker cabs? That's where Arnold started! "…Where are you going to mister?" We found him unhappy at Cannonball and have been firing him since 1994.
- Rich - "Weekend Rich" He started working here in 1996 as a driver and became a dispatcher in 2002. We still don't know anything about him- nothing.
- Joe - "Murph" spent years driving a bread route delivering of all things, bread. He also moonlighted as a bartender in an Irish pub. He gave it all up to smash every fender of the 3 or 4 vans we have put him in over the 10 years he's been with us. His 1989 Buick doesn't have a scratch on it. Go figure!
- Pam - The only female dispatch we ever had. If I were to tell you when she started in the business, it would date her. BUT - it was around the time buying stock in Eastern Air Lines was considered savvy investing. So, let's just say that she has been Mothering drivers here for over 14 years.
- Gene - Our first office personnel! He has long ago retired. While on most days you could find him rocking on his front porch, we keep bringing him back. You can hear him on the phones whenever we are short personal. At nights, days, weekends, old guys need to feel useful.
Together our 13 employees bring over 100 years of experience to The Freight Escape. Almost two centuries when you combine the wealth of knowledge that they bring to the job. Between them all, we have experience in every function of this business and we are blessed that they bring it in daily. It is just one reason we are the best at what we do.
The Bio's poke harmless fun at individuals who for the most part, have been together for the better part of ten years. We all respect each other and see each other as extended family. It is just another reason why we all work so well together. We owe the current and continued success of The Freight Escape to keeping these Guys and Gals working and laughing.
WE SALUTE YOU ONE AND ALL!
[Delivery Services and Rates]
[On Line Credit Application]
[The Freight Escape News]
[Our Favorite Links]
[On Line Comments and Suggestions]